I suggest you ...

Bring back the dashboard! Even without a map! I've got no reason to use this website any more without the dashboard.

You guys were the only accurate site around, but the regular forecast is pretty bland, clunky, and doesn't offer anything I can't find elsewhere in a better format.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MattMatt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please come back! I'll pay, I promise!

• JohnWJohnW commented  · 

Never really used the map. But nobody else has the graphs!!! So useful, so unique, hope they can bring them back!!!

• B LinfordB Linford commented  · 

There is nothing out there to compare with the dashboard. I was so excited when I first found it. It was a huge disappointment when I discovered it was gone! I would be willing to subscribe just to get the dashboard.

• JoeJoe commented  · 

Yes please bring back the dashboard, it was great. Why would you get rid of it. This new format is worthless. You can get all this every where else on the net.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Please bring it back without the map!!!!

• Felix FörsterFelix Förster commented  · 

Just bring it back without the map. I never ever cared about the map since it had not much functionality at my location. Actually I found the map rather annoying. However, your dashboard data display was really great and the best of any weather site.

• CraigCraig commented  · 

This was the best weather site around... and I used it all the time, which is really an indictment because I just took it for granted... uggh. Sorry guys, I really think you had something fantastic here but just read the reason you've removed the dashboard. I get it... but I don't like it and I would gladly pay a small monthly fee now to have something like it in the future.

• STST commented  · 

The dashboard was a fabulous data visualization! I could glean very quickly how the forecast compared to averages, an the variation between high and lows... It was the reason why I told many people about this site! In all honesty, I will likely stop visiting this site since you have removed the feature that set you apart from others. :-(

• KDKD commented  · 

WeatherSpark says:"(This only applies to the Dashboard functionality, the website will otherwise continue to operate as before)"

Ugh. The Dashboard is [was] WeatherSpark. You built something amazingly useful and informative compared to the zillions of other places to get weather information.

I used to go to WeatherSpark for my weather (and historical averages, etc.), Wunderground for hurricane tracking, and the standard iPhone Weather app (which provides bare-bones weather info, but a near-zero time and effort).

With no Dashboard, WeatherSpark sinks back into the morass of weather sites that don't provide the amount and kinds of additional information that make it worthwhile to do more than tap on my iPhone app.

Please, listen to your fans and find a way to keep the Dashboard from dying. Crowdfund the Dashboard port to HTML5, or find a new home for the Dashboard at another site that has the resources and audience size to make a go of it, or license it to lots of weather sites, or whatever.

Coming back to WeatherSpark just isn't worth it. Other sites won't be much better, but they won't create the feeling of loss I have when I see this site with no Dashboard.

• miffedmiffed commented  · 

Please bring back the dashboard without the map!
        Make it a subscription-only feature -- I will pay to see it again.

• JoeJoe commented  · 

As far as I'm concerned, I might as well just go to the Accuweather site. There is no reason to use this site anymore without the trend charts.

• JoshJosh commented  · 

Right - I feel like it wouldn't be very difficult to bring back the dashboard, even without the map, just deactivate the map half.

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

The map was okay, but the graphs were clearly the best part of the tool. Please just launch the old dashboard without the map!

Feedback and Knowledge Base