I suggest you ...

create more stations like NDBC's buoy data

www.ndbc.noaa.gov has data available for buoys, coastal stations and platforms all over the world. Other than NDBC stations there are also NOS, NERRS, GoMOOS, TABS, USF/COMPS and other partner weather stations/buoys.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MattMatt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • icerabbiticerabbit commented  · 

As a recreational water rat ;) I would love to see the official buoy data added as well. I plan to visit Florida's west coast more often and get out on the water again, so seeing out on the water a little would be fantastic ... and could make or break a day of wind/kitesurfing or boating.

• MattMatt commented  · 

Also, NDBC's buoys offer data such as directional waves, surface and deep ocean currents, water quality and more.
        I saw someone asking about Tide data.....USF/COMPS has several stations with tide data fyi. And NOS has an extensive network of Met stations with water level heights.

• MattMatt commented  · 

I love the ability to compare up to 4 stations' data sets on this site and the addition of some of these would greatly improve my (and others I work with) ability to analyze station data. Thanks again!

• AndreasAndreas commented  · 

...and worldwide synop weather stations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base