I suggest you ...

Show winds aloft, METAR, TAF data

This could be a real help to pilots planning flights, especially if some of the standard resources we use were integrated.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes.. Please add winds aloft... very important for pilots of paramoter sports

• Wynand UysWynand Uys commented  · 

Winds aloft, temp profile and cloud layers (or convective cloud bases) would be a great tool to aviators. The Norwegian Met model has proven its skill in Southern Africa, including Namibia, Mozambique and Botswana. Presently, pilots here have to rely on GFS products for upper air predictions outside the borders of South Africa, as the SA Weather Service only provides a 48hr NWP for atmospheric layers, and then only within its borders. There are thousands of frustrated pilots in Southern Africa who would welcome an aviation forecast that goes beyond 48 hours and extends beyond the borders of South Africa. Credit is due to www.vfrplanner.co.za where a GFS based forecast with upper air data is provided. I am grateful for that, and I shall continue to support them, but many of us would welcome the three additional prediction models that you so elegantly interpret.

• DeanDean commented  · 

Yes!!!!! Winds aloft graph and forcast would make this a one stop weather machine!!!! Please add!!!

• Kyle SpangleKyle Spangle commented  · 

As a weather observer at an ASOS site, having this feature would be extremely useful. It would be great to have a raw metar data hover for both the map and the graph!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This could be a real help to pilots planning flights, especially if some of the standard resources we use were integrated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base